Doing Business With Entergy
Entergy strives to include a diverse mix of suppliers, including those local to the Entergy service territories. We want to procure goods and services in the most economical way. With emerging technology, we offer electronic services to help minimize the cost of doing business for both us and our suppliers. Some of our newest systems include:
- Supplier Registration Web Portal
Prospective Suppliers should complete this online supplier application. Please click here for the Supplier Registration Guide.
- Supplier Safety Prequalification Service
Implemented in June 2011, this tool is used to streamline the bid event process by conducting sourcing events in less time and expediting awards to successful suppliers, enhancing the relationship between buyers and suppliers. This is Entergy's preferred way of conducting sourcing events.
Suppliers selected to participate in bid events will be contacted by Entergy to register in the PowerAdvocate system and be invited to the events. Prior to being invited to participate in bid events, suppliers must be evaluated and approved through Entergy's Supplier Registration process.
- Electronic Invoice Presentment and Payment: (Effective November 2011)
Entergy is going green and helping the environment by reducing the amount of paper used to support our operations. To support this initiative, Entergy will move away from paper purchase orders, using technology solutions offered by Ariba.
This new system will benefit suppliers by streamlining purchase order and invoice processes and reducing costs of doing business. Additionally, the electronic purchase order and invoice process will significantly reduce the paper consumption, management and storage related to processing paper based purchase orders and invoices.
- Aligns suppliers with Entergy’s standard document transmission approach.
- Reduces general business expenses such as overnight shipping/postage, printing, paper/envelopes and mailroom handling.
- The Ariba Network will validate required fields in the invoice to identify discrepancies that could hold up payment and require problem-solving.
- Entergy will eliminate invoice keying errors that can generate problem-solving efforts and delay payment.
- Simple online self-service visibility of invoice documents for a limited period of time while documents are current.
- Online access (Web portal) to allow visibility to the status of invoice payment progress, which should eliminate the need for routine statements or inquiry calls to Entergy.
- Early Payment Program enables suppliers to receive earlier payment from Entergy automatically for all invoices or on an invoice-by-invoice basis. This program provides cash acceleration options through early payment terms and the Ariba cash management tools. Suppliers will select a payment term option during the Ariba Network enabling process, which will be applied to all unpaid invoices.
Suppliers will receive a letter from Entergy, and then will be contacted by Ariba with the necessary information to join the Ariba Network and transact electronically with Entergy.